What is Quality Assurance (QA) Engineering?
QA Engineering aims to improve the software development process by detecting errors and preventing defects. Therefore a QA Engineer must have a robust knowledge of the product and be an integral part of the product team.
Even though QA should ideally permeate the entire product management process 🔍, it is seen most concretely as quality assurance during the Development step.
What is the role of a Quality Assurance Engineer?
A QA Engineer’s work typically involves a variety of tasks:
- Risk analysis
- Compliance with the product requirements and standards
- Planning and executing tests
- Identifying and track bugs and any problem areas
- Analyze, optimize and create new processes
- Highlighting ideas to improve product quality