What is Quality Assurance (QA) Engineering?
QA Engineering aims to improve the software development process by detecting errors and preventing defects. Therefore a QA Engineer must have a robust knowledge of the product and be an integral part of the product team.
Even though QA should ideally permeate the entire product management process, it is seen most concretely as quality assurance during the Development step.
What is the role of a Quality Assurance Engineer?
A QA Engineer’s work typically involves a variety of tasks:
- Risk analysis
- Compliance with the product requirements and standards
- Planning and executing tests
- Identifying and track bugs and any problem areas
- Analyze, optimize and create new processes
- Highlighting ideas to improve product quality